Sunday, February 12, 2012

South Africa 2012 - Day Three

Day 3 - Quiet Time In Cape Town

I woke up to day at 4:30 a.m. wide awake and
raring to go. As I lay in bed I realized I had absolutely nothing to do today. I didn’t have to go to work, I didn’t have anything to clean or fix around the house, I didn’t have anywhere to go. I am not sure when I last had a day like that. By 6:30 a.m. the sun was up and looking out of the window you could see how beautiful Cape Town was.

With nothing to do and the kids still sleeping it was the perfect time for my quiet time. And so with my bible and sitting outside in the sun I had my quiet time. It is during these kinds of experiences that you truly see the beauty of God’s creation.

With the whole family still trying to adjust to the 8 hour time
difference we just spent the day shopping and relaxing by the pool. The one thing that was nice to find out is that the house has 2 dogs. Every time we leave the house we always miss our animals and having other pets helps.

The only other thing of note today was that we got our rental car. Just like in England the cars are right hand drive and you drive on the left side of the road. It always takes a couple of minutes to get used to changing gear with the left hand and every so often I still wind the window down rather than change gear. I always find driving down a road is fine but when I make turns I have to really make sure I think about which side to drive on. Only once did I make a turn where Hunter had to say “Wrong side of the road Dad”. He didn’t really need to say that because the headlights coming at me prompted me to move over.

Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God

No comments:

Post a Comment